Stuck with how to tackle weeds, not sure if you should just buy weed killer or use something more natural for your garden? With more and more people looking into more natural and organic ways of living, not filling your garden with chemicals is a good place to start. recreational marijuana dispensaries Here are just a few ways in which you can eliminate weeds from your garden, without filling it with toxins or breaking the bank balance.Whats better than going natural and saving money at the same time.
This is an exaggerated form of mulching. Apply a thick layer of paper or cardboard and top it with several inches of organic matter. This will deprive the weeds of light which will stop their growth. This method has the added benefit of composting.
Vinegar is a wonderful at killing weeds and is found in most households. Vinegar works well without the hazards that are associated with its chemical counterpart. Vinegar is great as it caused no harm to the environment.
Washing up liquid
This is another great weed killer that can be made from everyday household items, mixing it with other ingredients will provide you with the best results.
Here are a few weed killer recipes that you can try at home, with items found in your kitchen, why not give them a go to see how they work for you.
• 120 mLs (4 ounces) Lemon juice concentrate
• 1 liter (1 quart) white or cider vinegar
Mix the two ingredients together in a spray bottle and you have your organic weed killer formula.
Spot spray it directly on the weeds, being careful not to spray desirable plants.
Dishwasher detergent weed killer recipe
- 1 litre (35 fl. oz) of boiling water (hot tap water will also work but not quite as well)
- 5 tsp. white vinegar
- 6 tsp. salt (regular table salt)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. dishwasher (machine) detergent (powder is better than liquid, but liquid will work ok)
Salt and vinegar weed killer recipe
- 1 litre of white vinegar.
- 60 grammes of table salt. (omit this if you require treated area to grow plants/veg etc)
- 1 squirt of washing up liquid. (optional as its not completely organic if you use this)
Gin and lemons recipe
- 1 bottle of the cheapest Gin you can find or you can also use rubbing alcohol
- Juice of 2 lemons